- It is very important to take good care of your hair extensions for expanding their life expectancy.
- Treat the hair weave just as if it was your own hair.
- Human hair extensions need not be washed as frequently as our own hair
- Use good quality shampoo and conditioning products. Wash and condition the hair, from top to bottom.
- Conditioning your hair is very important to keep it soft and manageable, so use a leave-in spray conditioner in between shampoos
- Daily use of a leave- in spray conditioner is a must for curly weaves, especially on the ends. Be sure that your hair products are alcohol free as alcohol is a drying agent.
- When shampooing, finger comb through hair.
- Rinse thoroughly.
- Apply Conditioner.
- Comb conditioner through hair with wide tooth comb starting with the ends working towards the roots.
- Rinse thoroughly.
- Let hair air dry naturally.
- You can also use extra virgin olive oil as a detangling treatment for weaves, wigs and natural hair.
- When you apply it to your weaves and wigs, it detangles the hair, nourishes and moisturizes the hair for a silkier feel for longer period
- Always brush your hair with a wig brush or wide toothed comb, starting from the bottom and working your way up to prevent tangling and shedding. Brushes available in our shop.
- Curly hair textures should not be brushed as they can get frizzy.
- Keep the hair tangle free by moisturizing daily.
- Bring your hair extensions back to life by co-washing the hair
- Co-washing is a way to clean hair without using shampoo.
- A co-wash is easy to do, just wash your hair in a moisturizing conditioner instead of shampoo and you’re good to go.
- For curly hair, use a little water daily for a natural look or a mixture of water and leave in conditioner for a wet look.
- You can curl it, straighten it and most of all, enjoy it!
- Use heat in moderation as excessive heat dries out your hair and shortens its lifespan.
- Buy a pattern that you like
- If you prefer to wear your hair straight or wavy, then the wavy textures will be best for you since they offer the most versatility.
Virgin hair should not shed or tangle if properly cared for. However, if your extensions start to tangle then it could be as a result of any of the following factors:
- Dryness, oil & dirt build-up,
- Salt-water (sea), chlorine (swimming pool)
- Improper dying techniques, low quality dying products or simply not combing your hair out daily.
Virgin hair can be colored. Use good quality dying products as low quality dye products will damage the hair. We recommend consulting a professional if you wish to color your new hair.
It is always best to make a loose braid or ponytail for sleeping & wrap your hair every night. Silk or satin caps work best.
Don’t go to sleep with wet hair. Make sure your hair is always completely dry when you go to bed.
Sleeping on wet hair can tangle your hair and over time may cause hair odor.
Yes, but we recommend you wear a swimming cap
The longevity of our virgin hair depends on how well the hair is maintained.